Friday, September 12, 2014

My New Style | Modern Lolita



   Hello Everyone! I recently went to Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York where I debuted my new style. Personally, it was a big deal for me. It was almost like revealing my deepest secrets to the world by wearing them on my sleeves. I'd describe my new style as a modern take on the Lolita Boy--it's very cutesy, definitely an acquired taste, tons of bold colors and pastels, innocent-looking, sweet yet still tailored, and just an overall stylish way of dressing up like a child. On the inside, I am the epitome of a child. I love acting like a little kid, eating sweets, carrying stuffed animals, going to amusements parks, and being cute. Not that I was embarrassed, I just felt like I needed time and enough courage to bite the bullet. Fashion Week being the biggest fashion event, I thought--hey, why not? 

   I saw just about everything at Fashion Week, from the young to old, seductive to conservative, jaw-droppingly gorgeous ensembles to underwhelmingly-plain and uninteresting looks to questionable attire. I'm glad I did because it gave me the inspiration to dress however I want and not give a damn about what anyone else thinks. My style is an extension of me and by sharing it I hope to inspire everyone who wants to express themselves to just do it and I wish you the best of luck.
 
Where to find me: 

Instagram: @henrysheaven

No comments:

Post a Comment